Sunday, February 15, 2009

His Grace is Sufficient for All

I want to start out with these scriptures before I write more about my self and others who could be under something similar but not even close we to the same situations as Paul.

2Cr 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
2Cr 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
2Cr 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but [now] I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me [to be], or [that] he heareth of me.
2Cr 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Cr 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Cr 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Cr 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Now for those who might find this blog who does not know about Paul he was a Apostle of Christ and was having trouble with what he is calling thorns of the flesh. Now we could say a number of things that he could have been going through but we are not sure. So all we need to understand is they were bad enough that he called upon the Lord three times for relief from these infirmities that were causing him possible pain and thought that the Lord would hear him and free him from these infirmities. But as the Scripture says the Lord told Paul My Grace is Sufficient for him and possibly us. I am not saying the Lord does not still to this day Provide Miracles for his Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment